Have any of you ever found it difficult to be friends with other women? When I was a teenager and young adult I found it extremely difficult, however, I’ve come to learn that was my fault because of my own insecurities. As I’ve become a mother and become more mature I’ve worked extremely hard to overcome those insecurities and make strong female relationships.
I have also scoured the internet for tips to help me make those female friendships that I have so desperately wanted since my teenage years. So thank you to the women who have befriended me and loved me in the way only another woman could.
- Forget the myth that all female friendships are supposed to be catty, competitive, and bitchy. It’s just not true!
- Tell your friends the hard truths they need to hear. It may hurt them or they may get pissed, but they will respect you more for it. When you do this, don’t be completely rude, do it in a loving and supportive way.
- Treat your friends the way you want to be treated. I feel like this is so obvious but sometimes I need the reminder.
- Do things together without men around. I know how hard this is when your single and want to go out and meet ‘prospects’, but it’s important to build those friendships up occasionally.
- Don’t engage in flirting, sex, or emotional affairs with your friends’ significant others. This shouldn’t have to be on the list but it needs to be said.
At the end of the day, we need to lift each other up and be there for one another!