Welcome ladies and gents! Are you ready to be blown away by the today’s youth? These kids from Florida are rocking the world but every single day there are young people who are standing up for what they believe in and fighting injustices. Today’s feature Friday is one of those! I’m super excited to introduce you to Zosha from A.Pinch.Of.Feminism! Go give her a follow and support our youth!
- Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
I’m 14 years old, and I’m from the USA. I love art. My name is Zosha.
- Can you tell me about a.pinch.of.feminism?
A.pinch.of.feminism is an account that is supportive of women, poc, and LGBTQ+
- What prompted you to start a.pinch.of.feminism?
My school has many racist, homophobic, and sexist students, and I wanted to be able to express my views in a supportive community.
- How did you come up with the name a.pinch.of.feminism?
The name just kind of came to me! I was trying to think of creative names and a.pinch.of.feminism just popped into my mind.
- What does it mean to you to be an activist?
To be an activist means to stand up for what you believe in, and using whatever platform you have to speak up for others and advocate for equality.
- What personal experiences drew you to being a feminist and activist?
My mom has been a huge inspiration, and after experiencing firsthand the struggles that come with being a girl I decided that I Was a feminist. I also have close friends that are LGBTQ+ and after seeing how difficult it was for some of them to come out I realized that changes need to be made to society.
- What kind of feminist do you consider yourself? (I.E. Radial, intersectional, liberal, socialist)
If I had to pick one I would say I am an intersectional feminist. I don’t think WOC and transwomen are represented enough in the feminist movement.
- Have you ever experienced any threats because of what you’re doing?
I have not yet experienced any threats, but I expect that I will at some point.
- Would threats ever make you reconsider what you’re doing?
No, I care too much about activism to stop being an activist.
- What do you feel is your biggest focus?
I have many different focuses when it comes to human rights it’s hard to pick just one.
- If there was one feminist or activist resource that you wish everyone would read or view what would it be?
I really love soft.feminism! They have excellent content!
- Is there anyone or any group of people who inspires you or prods you to action?
The women in my life definitely inspire me! Also, teenage feminists inspire me because middle school and high school are not the most welcoming environments for feminists.
- If you could change one thing about this world what would it be?
If I could change one thing in the world it would be that there were more people who believed in equal rights! It would also be great if more people would advocate for better gun control.