I’ve come up with a list of 25 things you ‘should’ know. Some of them are actually useful and some of them are just cool little tidbits of information.
- The “Freedom of Speech” provision in the First Amendment protects you from punishment from the government, not from the consequences of your speech. It does not protect you from other people’s reactions, criticisms, or other consequences.
- Command/Ctrl+Shift+T will restore your accidentally closed tab in Chrome.
- The national animal of Scotland is the unicorn.
- The best man’s original purpose was to serve as an accomplice in case the bride needed to be kidnapped from disapproving parents.
- Meanwhile, the bridesmaid tradition started because people believed that dressing everyone up in the same clothing would confuse evil spirits.
- The phrase is supposed to be “for all intents and purposes,” not “for all intensive purposes.”
- If you are impaled by something, do not remove it from your body. Let a doctor do it!
- Nine months before Rosa Parks refused to move from her bus seat, Claudette Colvin did the same thing.
- A pony is not a baby horse. A baby horse is a foal, while a pony is a small breed of horse.
- Antiperspirant is not the same as a deodorant.
- You shouldn’t feed bread to ducks. Give them vegetables or birdseed instead.
- You can tell which side of the car the gas tank is on by looking for the arrow on the gas gauge (on most cars).
- Amex begins with the number 3, Visa begins with the number 4, Mastercard begins with the number 5, Discover begins with the number 6.
- If you put a can diet coke in water it will float but if you put a can of regular coke in water it will sink.
- A group of crows is called a murder.
- A group of porcupines is called a prickle.
- The average woman uses her height in lipstick ever 5 years.
- Bob Dylan’s real name is Robert Zimmerman.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is screeched.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- An Ostrich’s eye is bigger than it’s brain.
- All of the continents begin with the same letter which they begin.
- No president of the United States was an only child.
- Bin Laden’s death was announced on May 1, 2011. Hitler’s death was announced on May 1, 1945.