November is all about Thanksgiving and getting ready for all the holidays in December and sometimes we lose sight of what is really important in all the hustle and bustle of the season. This prompted me to write a post about all the things I am thankful for. It also helps that a week and a half ago was World Kindness Day!
I wanted to make an effort to think of something different every day that I am thankful for or grateful for.
I know I’m a week shy of the full 30 days but I wanted to post it today so I did two every few days but I will make sure I still find things to be thankful for the rest of the month.
- I am thankful for my husband. He has been my rock through so many hard times and has helped me celebrate the good times. I know I’m not the perfect wife but he sticks by me and continues to be patient with me even though I don’t deserve it.
- I am thankful for our oldest son, Cash. He changed my life for the better in so many ways. He is one of the sweetest souls on the planet and teaches me, in his own way, something new every day.
- I am thankful for our younger son Tate. He pushes me every day to be more patient and understanding. He knows how to push my buttons and pushes me to want to be the best mother I can be.
- I am thankful for my health and my family’s health. Within a week I was told two of my grandpas were in the hospital for different reasons. It really opened my eyes to how fragile this life is and how we should take full advantage of the life we are given.
- I am thankful for good hair days. You know those days when you wake up and you just love the way your hair lays or feels? Yes, I am thankful for those days!
- I am thankful for my morning (and sometimes afternoon Redbull). It keeps me going when I need that extra boost!
- I am thankful for vodka and beer. They take the edge off when I need it most. They have helped me make friends. They’ve boosted my confidence when I needed it most.
- I am thankful for my friends, old and new. They’ve proven to be there when I need them and to be supportive when I am going through a rough patch. I hope that I do just as good of a job supporting them and loving them as they have done for me.
- I am thankful for the holidays. I love the holiday season and all the joy it brings. I love seeing my family so happy. And I especially love getting to spend so much time with my loved ones.
- I am thankful for school. It has given me a new sense of purpose and a new direction in life. It’s helped me broaden my horizons, learn new things, gain new perspectives, and gain more patience.
- I am thankful for sleeping in! Weekends are my favorite days of the week because my husband usually lets me sleep in until 8.
- I am thankful for my ability to read. I love getting lost in a good book and being able to transport myself there, even if just for a few minutes. It helps me relieve stress and recenter after a stressful day.
- I am thankful for my brother. Even though we aren’t talking right now and we have our constant ups and downs, there’s something about that sibling bond. He is the one person who understands how crazy our parents can be and the unique situation we grew up in.
- I am thankful for my parents; all 3 of them. They are there for me when I need to vent, have a question, or just want to chat.
- I am thankful for the internet because it has given me such an amazing platform to meet new people and connect with others who understand the place I’m at in my life whether that be parenting, staying home with the boys, going back to school, being married, etc.
- I am thankful for my husband’s job. It provides us with a living. I know I’m not always the best at showing my appreciation but I am working on it.
- I am thankful for the women who came before me and fought for my rights as a human and a woman.
- I am thankful for cuddles. I desperately need physical attention to feel loved. Thankfully Cash and Tate leave me with no shortage of snuggles throughout the day and night.
- I am thankful for my dreams. I don’t mean the ones I have while I’m sleeping, but the ones I aspire to be or have one day. Those dreams keep me going when I fall down.
- I am thankful for the unconditional love I receive from my two children. Some days when all I want to do is give up in defeat Cash telling me he loves me or Tate giving me snuggles can turn it all around.
- I am thankful for the progression of human rights. We have come so far in the past hundred years, but still, have so much farther to go.
- I am thankful for our apartment. It keeps us safe, warm, cool and protected from all the elements. It’s a place we can grow into ourselves and feel safe.
- I am thankful for my Hunter Boots because winter is here! Which means rain for days and my Hunter Boots are cute and perfect rain boots. P.S. I would love some red ones eventually. ahahaha
- I am thankful for Renaissance Club Sport because it has given me the opportunity to get some away from from the kids, work on the blog, do homework, and make some really great friends.
- I am thankful for Audible and Book of the Month Club because it allows me to get away when I’m feeling stressed and opens me up to different stories/books I may have never read without their service.
- I am thankful for music. It can really uplift me, keep me going, and get me reminiscing about good and hard times.
- I am thankful for this blog and the community I’ve built up. It’s given me such a great outlet for frustrations and emotions. It’s also given me a great place to share my wacky or weird thoughts I don’t think my husband cares to hear. 🙂
- I am thankful for hair dye. I have two reasons for this choice. I died my hair and it didn’t come out exactly how I wanted it so I went to Sally Beauty Supply, bought a different color, and fixed it. The second reason is that it covers up my gray hairs. Ahahaha
- I am thankful for Netflix and OnDemand. Both of these services allow me to watch really interesting shows and documentaries, but they also allow me to catch up on my shows where ever I am.
- I am thankful for excel spreadsheets. If anyone has ever seen me planning my blog, follow loops. giveaways, etc. they know I am obsessed with spreadsheets. They help me keep everything organized and planned out.
I hope this post inspires you to be thankful for the big and little things you have in your life. Happy Thanksgiving! ❤