Is it a little insane that I’m already thinking of our Christmas cards?
Yes, I am one of those people who sends out Christmas cards every year. And yes, I am one of those people who likes to write letters each year. Which means I have to get working on them early if I want them to be perfect! I loved last year’s card, you can check it out here, but I want to find something different this year.
I’ve come up with a few ideas but I am still mulling them over before I choose our winner.
Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:
- A Christmas themed acrostic letter like we did last year, is always fun and easy to read.
- A month by month letter can be short and sweet or extremely long depending on the number of family members you are writing about.
- Writing in the style of “The Night Before Christmas” poem. I absolutely love this idea, however, I’m not that clever with words. Maybe I can get Tyson on board to help me out.
- Going along with the previous idea instead of “The Night Before Christmas” we could do “The Twelve Days of Christmas” or “Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer.” However, the same issue applies, I’m not that clever with words. 😦
- A very traditional update on our family is always an option but seems so boring.
- A multiple choice letter could be fun….or annoying. I would be something like: It’s 5 am and someone is crying. Is it a) Tate because it’s morning time and he can’t get out of his crib. b) Ashley because she doesn’t want to get out of bed before 9 AM c) Tyson because he has to go to work. d) Cash because he has to go to school. e) all of the above. It would go on to describe a normal day in the Marsh household.
- A letter from the boys could be cute or just very annoying on my end.
- A letter from a grouchy neighbor would be more fun if we had real neighbors over living in an apartment.
- A top ten list. Would I do one list or four? I could do the top 5 for each family member maybe? Or just one top ten list? Anyone who knows me knows I do love lists!
- What about a Christmas Crossword? There are plenty of websites that will make the crossword for you… Would anyone fill it in? Or is that lame?
This is so hard!
I have to add that I asked Tyson about using the same style we did last year and his response was hilarious! I had to screenshot it and share it with you all. Don’t worry, I will be posting a finished product after I mail out the actual cards.