There are so many things no one tells you about when you become a parent. So many things! No one tells you how hard it’s going to be, how no one really knows what they are doing, you don’t get any privacy, and the list goes on and on. There are so many things I wish someone would have told me before I got pregnant with Cash. However, that’s in the past and it’s time to move on; because let’s face it, these boys keep me on my toes!
So here are a few things I love about being a mom that I would have never thought was special or a blessing before I had children.
- Baby Breath.
- 1 AM wake up calls just because he wants to snuggle in bed with me.
- Getting kicked or hit in the middle of the night.
- Folding their tiny little clothes.
- Watching them throw fits directed at someone other than me.
- Learning important lessons, like I desperately need to work on my patience.
- How amazing it is that I can love and hate my child at the same time.
- My children push me to do things I wouldn’t normally do or like to do.
- All the bruises I have from my kids just wanting to play or snuggle with me. (Not the ones I get from Tate hitting or biting me!)
- How messy our house is because the boys are busy living and having fun.
- They both truly know how to push my buttons better than anyone else.