Traveling to Utah and a Quick Update

Well, we made it.

The boys and I took a 5:25 AM flight out of Oakland to come to good ol’ Ogden Utah. As many of you know we are in the process of moving as well. So all last week I was entertaining my parents, packing, and trying to plan our Utah trip. Needless to day it was a stressful week.

Sunday night I was up packing and cleaning and we had to leave the house by 3:30 to get to the airport and board our plane on time. Some of you may be asking why I am putting some much effort into packing before we leave. The reason for this is because I will be gone and Tyson is moving our home alone. I wanted to have as much of the apartment packed and cleaned so he would have less to do. However, I don’t feel like I did a good enough job. I guess we will see on Wednesday when he moves and on Saturday when we come home.

And I can not wait to come home. We are moving to Walnut Creek, right across the street from the gym, right across the street from BART, closer to my school, closer to Cash’s preschool, and just closer to where our lives are happening. Aside from location, the apartments are so much nicer; we will even have a washer and a dryer in our apartment! YAY!!!

I got my final grades and I have 3 A’s and 1 B. I’m disappointed in myself for not getting an A in that literature class, but there’s not a whole lot I can do about it now. The situation with my Drugs and Society final grade was a hot mess but it’s all figured out now and I have the A that I deserve.

We have had a busy week in Utah and I am wiped out! On Monday we got into town at around 8 AM, dropped our bags off at my dad’s and went to the dinosaur park. Cash absolutely loved it! He kept naming all the different kinds of dinosaurs and told us what they ate. It was so fun watching him teach all of us the different dinosaurs.

On Tuesday we went to the Aquarium in Draper. Both the boys loved it! Tate absolutely loved watching all the big fish swim by him. After we came back from the aquarium my mom and her fiance, Todd, played with the boys. They are tried to teach Cash how to hit a baseball and played ball with Tate, of course. ‘Ball is life’ for that cute little boy. ❤

Wednesday was a pretty uneventful morning. We had a BBQ and cake and ice cream at my mom’s that evening for Cash’s birthday. My mom’s step kids and their kids came over and Cash had so much fun playing in the water with them and making new friends.

Thursday was interesting. We had a very low-key day at my dad’s. Cash helped Gramma plant flowers and dig up weeds. The boys played outside, took naps, and just had an all-around fun day at home. I went out Thursday night with my Auntie Karen and Uncle Tony. Unfortunately, I ended up having a run-in with Cash’s biological dad and his new girlfriend. The outcome of that was honestly the last thing I expected, but it’s over and done with now. Thank God. However, because of said incidentI, left my phone at the bar and I still don’t have it because they don’t open until 5 PM tonight so I’m just doing the waiting game until they open.

Earlier today we did pictures of the boys down in Ogden; I can’t wait to see how they came out. Tate had a hard time and was very cranky but Cash did great! Tonight we are doing cake and ice cream at my dad’s house for Cash’s birthday and he’s so excited. He got to make the ice cream with gramma and he can’t wait to try it.

As for me, I am ready to go home. Tomorrow can not come soon enough for me.

I am sorry that I have been so MIA lately. I will keep up on the blog better from now on!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s